The smartphone you carry in your hand will help you record a video and send it anywhere in the world. The navigation system installed on smartphones helps you navigate cities in your car. With the advent of the Internet, life has gotten a lot smarter in many ways. In this article, we will let you know how the internet makes lives easier and smarter.
- Sites like Amazon, eBay, and Alibaba in China have helped accelerate the transition from street shopping to shopping from home. Today, with a single click or a simple voice command, you can order a wide variety of items, from kitchen gloves to grocery stores and from computers to cell phones, usually on the same day.
- In today’s time, smartphones have not only become an essential part of life but also an essential part of communication as well. We use them for a variety of activities, from making phone calls to listening to music and sending emails to watching entire movies. Our thirst for these devices continues without slowing down. According to an analysis published by IHS Markit in 2017, more than 6 billion smartphones will be in use by 2020.
- MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, LinkedIn, Flickr, etc. The list of social networks used by people is huge. In just a few years, these websites have become a tool for many people to share thoughts, photos, videos, and more. The reach of these organizations is impressive. For example, Facebook users and employees are growing by the millions every year.
- The Internet of Things is increasingly affecting our homes. The European Commission defines the Internet of Things as the fusion of “physical and virtual worlds that create an intelligent environment”. Think of devices that are connected to the Internet and can “talk” to each other. More and more homes are also using “virtual assistants” such as Amazon Alexa, Apple Siri, and Google Assistant.
- Now people around the world can transfer money, pay bills, and set up recurring payments online. According to ONS, online banking is becoming increasingly popular in the UK. 63% of adults used it in 2017.
- Offices today are away from work 15 or 20 years ago. With high-speed Internet connections, employees can access the information they need to work almost instantly, while video conferences and presentations with colleagues from around the world are the order of the day. Computers are also used for various other tasks, such as sending emails, scheduling appointments, and creating notes. In some industries, computers are used for complex and time-consuming tasks, such as creating projects and managing large amounts of data.
- The internet and the internet have helped revolutionize the way people seek and find love. People are using more and more algorithms instead of heuristics. The question of whether this is good or bad remains open. Traditionalists argue that the intimate nature of apps and websites invalidates relationships. On the other hand, advocates of online dating say that apps and websites make it easy to meet people in an increasingly fragmented world.
- As streaming content via TVs, tablets, and smartphones becomes more popular, the use of DVDs, CDs, and other physical media is on the decline. For example, subscribers to Netflix and music apps are increasing day by day. Most people in today’s time just need to open the app and search for the content they want to know about or want to collect information about. Nobody wants to go out and look for DVDs and CDs.
- There were days when people were waiting for a letter from business partners, friends, or loved ones for days, weeks, and even months, but now it’s time to send emails. Through email or email, users can compose a message and instantly send it to the destination recipient, sending billions of messages every day. 82% of adults in the UK sent or received emails in 2017. According to the Office of National Statistics (ONS), this was “the most viewed Internet event”.
- From AltaVista, launched in the mid-1990s and closed in 2013, to Google, Yahoo, Baidu, and Bing, search engines allow users to enter keywords and browse millions of websites to find the information they want. The number of queries processed by search engines is huge and Google.com is the number one website on the Internet, while Baidu.com ranks fourth on Alexa.com, a subsidiary of Amazon. One will need the best internet service to have good internet services, and in Malaysia, you can get it if you try out Time broadband Malaysia. Time’s internet connection is speedy and reliable, especially when you get Time fibre package.
Check out this article!…